C.O.N.N.E.C.T. Ministries is a hands-on “Christian” non-denominational community resource networking center in the heart of Knoxville. Through advocacy, community organizing, and collaboration, we serve the total community with emphasis on the under-served citizens in Knoxville’s inner city.
We provide in-house programs, services, and outside referrals to:
• At risk youth and young adults
• Ex-offenders reentering society
We also provide community resource training program referrals using community resources.
Our Focus - Those We Serve
• Youth from low-income families are vulnerable to poor outcomes as adults.
• Youth from low-income families engage in more risk behaviors during adolescence than youth from other socio-economic families.
• Youth from low-income families are more likely than youth from middle- and high-income families to have sex before age 16, become a member of a gang, attack someone or get into a fight, steal something worth more than 50 dollars, and ever run away.
Service-members survive their war time service only to return home suffering its effects without the necessary tools for healing. Many suffer with symptoms of PTSD for decades. Yet, despite the effectiveness of alternative therapies, access to such services remains limited.
Ex-offenders reentering society:
With no job, no money, and no place to live, returnees often find themselves facing the same pressures and temptations that landed them in prison in the first place. Assisting ex-prisoners in finding and keeping employment, identifying transitional housing, and receiving mentoring are three key elements of successful re-entry into our communities.